We are excited to announce that Georgia PTA has partnered again with the Atlanta Hawks to host a Georgia PTA Night on November 3, as the Atlanta Hawks take on the Miami Heat at State Farm Arena!
The first 200 tickets purchased will be entered into a raffle for participation in a special fan experience and earn money for Baker Elementary PTA!
2018-2019 Baker Elementary Yearbooks are available online.
Order yours today for the best possible price at Yearbook Market. *Follow the hyperlink. Then click on the blue/green price tab on the yearbook picture.
PTA and our Yearbook Committee Director want you to have the best yearbook possible! Join us in the learning commons for a quick yearbook volunteer meeting on Friday, October 26th at 12:30 pm.
Don’t have time to volunteer during the day but have some beautiful Baker bear pictures? Share them with us at BakerYearbook18@gmail.com.
2018 National School Bus Safety Week is October 22-26, 2018 and the theme is “My Driver – My Safety Hero!“
- Check out these bus safety tips from the National Association for Pupil Transportation.
- Write a thank you note, draw a picture, or give your bus driver a small token of appreciation.
*The theme of National School Bus Safety Week is derived from the Poster Contest the year before. The 2017 winning poster, depicted above, was drawn by Aumkar Patel, a 5th Grader at Henry County Schools in McDonough, GA
PTA takes our children’s safety very seriously.
- Learn about recent school bus and school zone changes in Georgia.
- Read Georgia PTA’s Resolution On HB978 and speak with your local house representatives.
*Georgia PTA’s resolution on HB 978 passed during the 2018 Georgia PTA Convention and Leadership Training in Augusta, GA. Although Georgia PTA considers the counsel of other professional and non-profit organizations, the views expressed in these articles may not be the views of National Bus Safety Week and the NAPT.
PTA believes in a drug free future for our children.
Please, join us in celebrating red ribbon week.
Learn how you can talk to your kids and Take the Parent Pledge.
Students can join their peers in celebrating drug free spirit days at Baker Elementary:
- Monday, October 22 – Wear red for red ribbon week
- Tuesday, October 23 – Wear peace signs or tie dye
- Wednesday, October 24 – Wear your favorite sport shirt or Jersey
- Thursday, October 25 – Wear a lei Hawaiian inspired clothing
- Friday, October 26 – Wear your school shirt or school colors
Save the dates for these seasonal events at Baker Elementary!
October 20th at 2:30 pm – Tales of the Trails (Daytime Event)
Baker Elementary will host a kinder, gentler Halloween alternative. The trails will be filled with woodland characters and treats for all. Join your friends for some fall food and STEM fun. *2.00 Admission **Concessions sold separately.
October 20th at 6:30 pm – Tales of the Trails (Nighttime Event)
Baker Elementary will host a spooktacular night hike with Halloween characters, tricks, and treats. Join your friends for fall food and STEM fun. *$2.00 admission **Concessions sold separately.
- Proceeds from the trail events benefit the Baker Elementary outdoor classroom.
- Volunteers are needed to help set up at 9:30 am.
- Please, contact Kimberly.Hutcheson@cobbk12.org for more information.
October 25th @ 5:30 pm – Spooky Bingo
Student council will host an evening of bingo, costumes, and snacks. *Bingo cards are $1.00 each. **Concessions sold separately.
- Doors open at 5:30 pm.
- Costume contest begins at 6:10 pm.
- Bingo begins at 6:30 pm.
- Proceeds benefit Student Council
October 31st – Haunted Halls
Wear your costume to school on Halloween for $2.00. Proceeds benefit Student Council. *Costumes must be school appropriate.
PTA is proud to announce that Watch D.O.G.S. is returning to Baker Elementary! Watch D.O.G.S. is a school based father involvement initiative that organizes fathers and father figures as positive male role models for the students.
Fathers, Grandfathers, Stepfathers, Uncles, or Any Father Figure who wants to volunteer at the school is invited to attend our informational meeting on:
Thursday, October 18th at 7:15 am
in the Baker Elementary Learning Commons