Baker Elementary PTA is seeking a Legislative Advocacy Chairperson. Advocacy is the very heart of what PTA is about. This is a great position for an articulate person with a passion for making every child’s potential a reality.
The Legislative Advocacy chair will:
- Meet with the Board of Directors once per month, attend relevant PTA training and PTA Day at the Capitol
- Follow Georgia PTA and National PTA advocacy networks and update the Board of Directors on new PTA resolution and position statements
- Work with the Board of Directors to determine which issues to feature in our local unit newsletter
- Work closely with the family engagement chair to make advocacy part of every event
- Contact local policymakers about PTA resolutions and positions
Contact Naomi Rohrbaugh at NJR711@gmail.com for more information.